Lepaking

09:42

Today words is "Lepak"


I was shocked and thrilled at the same time when I found out that the words "lepak" is now is a valid English words! Yeah, now I can use it in my assignment and I know I am right. So dear students, if your teacher fail you for using the words "lepak", well give your teacher a big smack using an Oxford Dictionary straight on their face. 

I'm not lying. The picture is enough to show you. If you're not convinced you can just look at Oxford Dictionary or Urban Dictionary



Basically, "lepak" is borrowed from a Malay words "lepak".


- does not do any work (because of laziness, etc), 
- in a condition where as someone are too tired, 
- did not have a job : jobless.

Definition of "lepak" according to Oxford Dictionary :
verb (lepaks, lepaking, lepaked)


(especially of a young person) spend one’s time aimlessly loitering or loafing around: I’m just lepaking at home, doing nothing
Example: Malays are so lepak.

How we normally use it:

As a Malaysian we usually use this words when we want to ask our friends to hang out with us.

Example : 

"Man, let's hang out tomorrow after class?" Asked Sutorjo while wiggling his eyebrows.

Now, how about you change the words "hang out" with "lepak".

"Man, let's lepak tomorrow after class?" Asked Sutorjo while wiggling his eyebrows intensely this time. 

See it isn't hard to use isn't it? SO that's all for today.. Byee I need to go and "lepak" with my bed now! I'll tell her you said hello.

You Might Also Like

0 Crawlers