Sabah Snack

13:52

 I really missed home a lot. Yeah, I missed my homeland, the people, the songs, the culture but most importanly I miss Sabahan Food. I really craving to eat one now! I want =.= 

Well, if I can't have it then share it with my readers is worth it (maybe =.=)
 
 
PENJARAM


This type of local cake is a popular Bajau cake. It is also call as penyaram  and some  people  will call it as kuih UFO. It is really delicious,  it is  round  like hat-shaped cake that have chewy texture strong pandan aroma. The main ingredient to make this cake is rice flour,  wheat flour, sugar, water and cooking oil. 

KUIH CINCIN


Kuih cincin or ‘ring cakes’ in English is a famous Bruneian Malay snack in Sabah. The main ingredient to make this is red palm (nipah), sugar, rice flour, cooking oil, water, palm sugar. Need to be careful eating this snack because it is really hard and thick but really yummy. 

CLOROT


Clorot, celorot, cerorot or jelurut is a traditional sweet snack Clorot, celorot, cerorot, or jelurut is a traditionalsweet snack (kue or kuih) of sweet and soft rice flour cake with coconut milk, wrapped with janur (young coconut leaf) in cone shape. It is a popular traditional sweet snack that can be commonly found and being shared by 3 country which is in Indonesia, Malaysia and Brunei. In Sabah it is call jelurut but in Indonesia, it is known as clorot, cerorot or celorot, and always being associated with Javanese traditional market munchies.

ROTI JALA


Kuih Jala or in English is net cake is very crispy so you need to eat it carefully. It look like a maggi being fried.However, this net snacks is different from roti jala or net pancake. You can just eat it without any side dish because it is a snacks, meanwhile, when you need to eat roti jala it is a snack served with curry dishes.  It is named because of it patterns look like net

AMPLANG


Amplang is a traditional savoury fish cracker snack. It is a type of traditional food here in Sabah especially for the coastal residents of Tawau and Sandakan. . It is usually being made of
from a tenggiri fish or any type of spanish mackerel, mixed starch with other materials then fried. Its size and shape might vary. It is also dice-shaped to pingpong ball size and shape and the colour may be ranged from yellow to light brown. I like eating this and I normally called it as ‘fish manure’ because of it taste. Hahaha. This amplang can also 
be found in Kalimantan, Indonesia. 

KUIH LIDAH


It is commonly known as kuih lidah but it also have any other name such as kapal terbang, kuih gegetas lapis, kuih tiram and so on. I really love kuih lidah, I really love to taste its sweetness. But it can be a little bit messy when it crumples.

You Might Also Like

1 Crawlers

  1. hey,, wondering if you're still active.. i was wondering could uou give me any example of savory types of kuih in sabah. It's for my assignment. I hope that you'll reply. Thanks. Great info btw

    ReplyDelete